The organising institute for GATE 2020 has released the date sheet. This time, GATE 2020 will be held in February 1st week over eight sessions for 25 subjects. According to IIT Delhi, 8.6 Lakh students have registered to take the exam.
Indian Institute of Technology (Delhi) has released the schedule for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) to be held in February 2020.
GATE 2020 will be held on February 1, 2, 8 and 9, 2020. Admit card for GATE 2020 will be released on January 3. IIT-Delhi is the organizing body for GATE 2020. According to reports, 8.6 lakh candidates have registered for the GATE 2020. The exam will be held in 8 sessions for 25 subjects.
GATE 2020 Date Sheet
- February 1 (9.30 am to 12.30 pm): IN, ME1, MT, PE, PH
- February 1 (2.30 pm to 5.30 pm): CY, ME2, PI
- February 2 (9.30 am to 12.30 pm): AR, BM, BT, CH, MA, MN, ST, XE, XL
- February 2 (2.30 pm to 5.30 pm): AE, AG, EC, GG
- February 8 (9.30 am to 12.30 pm): EE, EY, TF
- February 8 (2.30 pm to 5.30 pm): CS
- February 9 (9.30 am to 12.30 pm): CE1
- February 9 (14.30 pm to 5.30 pm): CE2
GATE is conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore and the seven Indian Institutes of Technology (at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, and Roorkee).
GATE score is used for admission to M.Tech. courses. Apart from admission to higher education, GATE scores are also used by PSUs for recruitment purposes.
Validity of GATE score is for three years.