The Birla Institute of Science and Technology (BITS), Pilani conducts the Birla Institute of Science and Technology Admission Test (BITSAT). BITSAT qualifies students for Integrated First Degree programmes offered by BITS Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad and Dubai.
- The Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT) is an online national level examination.
- Clearing the BITSAT means getting admission into the Integrated First Degree Programmes (B.E., Pharma, and M.Sc) of the BITS Pilani campuses – Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad.
- The BITSAT exams are conducted in May every year in 2 slots on the exam day.
- BITSAT is conducted in 50 cities across India and one city abroad – Dubai.
- The medium of writing the exam is English.
- 3, 00,000 plus candidates attempt the BITSAT exams every year to become eligible for the 2,000 seats offered in the BITS campuses.
All candidates must pass 10+2 exams from a recognized Central or State board. Following are course-wise eligibility
B.E. (Hons.), M.Sc. (Hons.) and M.Sc. (Tech.): Candidates should score 75% in 10+2, in three subjects combined (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics). Candidates must score 60% in each of the above mentioned subjects.
B. Pharm (Hons): Candidates should score 75% in 10+2 in three subjects combined (Physics, Chemistry & Biology). Candidates must secure a minimum of 60% in each of the above subjects.
Eligibility for international candidates
- Candidates must score 75% in 10+2 exams, in three subjects combined (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics). They should score 60% in each of the above subjects.
- Candidates must score 1600/2400 in SAT subject tests (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics Level 2).